We are working with one of the leading private healthcare and cosmetic surgery specialists in the UK providing outstanding services to self-paying patients and patients with private healthcare insurance. They are recruiting for an ODP/Scrub Nurse, You will be working for a Modern Private hospital in Liverpool with state-of-the-art facilities, that puts patients at the heart of everything they do.
This is a permanent full time position, working 37/5 hours per week, covering a flexible shift pattern.
As the Scrub Nurse you will provide exemplary planned care for patients within the perioperative environment and assist in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre. They are looking for someone to take a lead in the peri-operative team.
Key surgical specialities: Cosmetic Surgery, Gynaecology, Urology, ENT
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
* NMC Registration
* 2 years Scrub experience working in theatres
* Experience working and providing planned care for patients within the perioperative environment
* Experience assisting in the management and organisation of care provision in the operating theatre.
Scrub Nurse Duties:
* As part of the theatre team you will actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the operating theatre suite. Competency in all aspects of theatre technique and procedure
* Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition and alerting medical staff when required
* Identifying and discussing the nursing problems or needs with the patient, relatives and other staff as deemed necessary
* Promoting the incorporation of discharge planning and health education into patient care, ensuring safe discharge of day surgery patients
* Providing a lead role in a defined area of specialist nursing care
* Assist in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
* Participate in the training and development of other staff.
* Comply with requirements of Health & Safety and principles of COSHH
* Perform compressive assessment of patient care needs
* Plan, implement and evaluate care according to changing health care needs
* Supervise and support other team members
* Collect, collate and report information, maintaining accurate patient records and theatre documentation.
* Where possible involve patients, carer’s multidisciplinary team/ relatives in the planning of deliver of care.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with multidisciplinary team, patients carers/relatives
Specific job requirements
* Discuss, agree and explain responsibilities for assessment of patients including their needs and any associated risks including perioperative care
* Identify and report any significant changes that might effect the patient’s health and well being to the appropriate person if outside your scope of practice
* Complete the requirements of Pall Mall Medical and the departmental induction programmes
* Assess and identify current knowledge and skills to the demand of the job, reflect on knowledge and skills and seek feedback from others
* Attend annual mandatory training programme
* Maintain a personal development portfolio
* Identify risks involved in work practices for each patient. Manage those risks and help others to do the same
* Maintain a safe working environment for self, colleagues, patients and others. Monitor work areas and practices ensuring they are free from hazards and conform to health and safety legislations
* The necessary action in relation to risks in the workplace, support others in maintaining health, safety and security
* Act a role model in promoting health, safety and security
* Apply legislations, policies and procedures to own work within the organisation
If you are an experienced Scrub Nurse looking to progress in your career then apply today to secure a quick interview
Training And Development