An excellent opportunity for an Experienced Security Service Manager to join a well-established company based in Stevenage.
About the Role:
Based at their offices in Stevenage where there is a computer provided and Company mobile phone for business use and reasonable personal use.
They are looking for five years’ experience. It is essential that the Candidate is experienced in intruder alarms being their main business on security.
The Candidate must have detailed knowledge of Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry and Access Control Systems and a thorough technical knowledge of the following manufacturers' products:
- Intruder: Eaton Range, Pyronix, Honeywell – Galaxy, Texecom, Mobile Apps.
- CCTV: Hikvision IP / TVI, Pelco, DM, Adpro, Optex, RVR Solutions, IT Network literate.
- Access Control: ACT, Paxton.
- Door Entry: BPT, Fermax, Videx - IP and Analogue.
- External Lighting: GJD.
- GUI: Cortech.
- Monitoring: RedCARE, DualCom, ARC / RVR, GSM / PSTN Diallers.
- Standards: NSI Awareness.
Candidates to live within 25 - 30 miles of Stevenage.
Areas they cover:
Geographical Areas: Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, London, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk.
Preferred Areas: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Northamptonshire, North London.
Normally they do no more than 10% work within Central London.
Their customer base is varied covering: domestic, retail, commercial, schools, care homes. They do not work on railways or airports airside.
- Manage the Security Service Engineers.
- Deal with the Security Service Engineers' holidays and absenteeism.
- Checking and approving Security Service Engineers' time sheets.
- Deal with Security Service Engineers' technical problems.
- Organizing the call out rota and informing our ARC (Alarm Receiving Centre).
- If the occasion arises, be included on the call out rota in the event of sickness.
- Work with the Security Department Administrator to ensure that the Security Service Engineers have services booked in for the following week and they have the relevant paperwork and that the service reminder letters are sent to Customers and booking them in as requested.
- Respond to Customer call-outs.
- Deal with Customers' telephone enquiries & complaints.
- Deal with intruder alarm activations and false activations.
- Manage false alarms and their statistics.
- Provide hands-on assistance on site.
- Price-up works orders.
- Provide quotes to new customers or for takeover systems and also for existing customers.
- Propose stockholding for in-house and vans to support our systems.
- Raising purchase orders to purchase equipment.
- Technical support to the Sales Team and Security Installation Department, particularly with respect to larger projects which may involve the integration of various systems.
- Assessing products and making recommendations prior to specifying them in quotations / tenders.
- You will be expected to represent our Company at site meetings either at our premises or at our customers’ sites.
- Overseeing visits from NSI inspectors. NSI (The National Security Inspectorate) is our third-party accreditation body.
Wages depend on experience from £45,000 Per Annum which is negotiable, plus benefits.
Security Travelling Time Rates
The Candidate will receive payment of your travelling from home to site in the mornings and from site to home in the evenings if this travelling time is over and above your normal straight eight-hour day and will be paid at the basic rate x 1.33.
The successful Candidate will have the opportunity of progressing their career in an expanding and technical demanding Company.
If you feel that you have the relative skills/attributes to fulfil this role then please apply now!
Global System For Mobile Communications