We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client who has a fantastic reputation within the Addlestone area for its well-established nursing home. This is an independent, family-run company with a great reputation in local area.
Our client strives to deliver the highest standards of care within their residential home and are seeking Care Assistants and strong Senior Care Assistants with previous care experience to join their dedicated care team.
Please see the below details on these great positions:
Full time hours: 8am to 8pm, 8pm to 8am
Rate of Pay: £8.21-8.70 per hour (Depending on experience and qualifications in care)
• Main duties for care assistants are as follows:
• Providing personal care such as toileting, washing and dressing
• Keeping residents comfortable and assisting in manual handling
• Checking and reporting any change in residents conditions to a senior care assistant
• Practical Support - Making beds, preparing food & laundry
• Medical support - Taking temperatures, pulse etc
• Liaise with visiting family and friends
Senior Care Assistants
Hours - Full Time (36 hours per week + optional overtime, alternate weekends)
Shifts - 8am-8pm
Rate of Pay- £9.00/hour with Level 3 and 20p/hour increase if medication trained
Senior Care Assistant Duties:
• To Supervise and participate in the delivery of care to residents
• To lead on the responsibility of residents individual care plans to ensure a person centres approach
• To provide leadership and support to the care staff
• Responsible for the administration of medication
• Liaise directly with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support
• Maintain residents dignity and independence at all times
As a senior care assistant you will be expected to lead by example at all times and provide strong leadership skills to the rest of the care assistants. You should have a strong work ethic and embody your care homes attitude towards delivering the highest standards of care.
About the home:
This is a beautiful purpose built 45 bedded residential care home specialising in elderly and dementia care. All rooms have en suites and the companys strives to provide person centred, quality care.
• Previous experience within a nursing/residential home
• Previous experience as a HCA or SHCA
• Ideally NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care but previous experience is highly desirable