Senior Environment Consultant
Location: Risby, Bury St. Edmunds
Salary: Salary (dependant on experience and capability) Car
About the Company:
OHES Environmental Ltd, part of the Adler and Allan Group, is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy operating across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. OHES has grown and diversified over the last 16 years to a point where our business is led and staffed by some of the brightest and most experienced consultants in the UK market place. More recently, in response to client demands, the Company have constructed a number of product bundles from their full range of services, which are designed to overcome environmental challenges in specific markets and sectors.
The Company are seeking to appoint a qualified and experienced Senior Environmental Consultant to join their team based in Risby.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Senior Environmental Consultant will utilise technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy to take ownership of report writing, site investigations, validations and project management of environmental insurance claims.
Senior Environment Consultant Responsibilities:
Employed on a full-time basis with the need to satisfy overtime requirements and occasional need to stay away from home overnight, key tasks and accountabilities are as follows:
- Leading and supervising project management of insurance claims, relating to the environment.
- Manage and plan site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with the scope of works, liaising with site staff, homeowners and contractors prior to site visits.
- Management of site investigations, remediation works and validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
- Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare desk study reports, including undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRAs).
- Prepare interpretive site investigation reports, including performing Generic Quantitative Risk Assessments (GQRAs). Prepare site validation reports.
- Perform other duties as required by ECM and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
- Manage and take responsibility for project financials.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Undertake quality assurance and safety performance audits on works carried out by others and to provide constructive feedback on the outcome of these inspections.
- Participate in business development activities in technical adviser and key client management/development capacities.
- Writing high standard reports which are technically sound and commercially focused.
Senior Environment Consultant Requirements:
- Full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
- Have knowledge of site investigation techniques and experience of supervising such operations, which will include environmental drilling.
- Experience working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
- Applicants should possess experience and working knowledge of CLR11 and BS10175 and be proficient in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930. Possessing strong skills in the development and updating of Conceptual Site Models (CSM) will also be advantageous.
- Experience and knowledge of remediation techniques for soil and groundwater will also be required and knowledge of current and emerging legislation applicable to contaminated land consultancy. It is important the postholder can demonstrate practical experience of chemical analyses performed on soil, water and air samples.
- Have a degree in a geo-environmental related discipline and ideally professional qualification or working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
- A teamwork ethic is essential in this role and the postholder will be expected to provide support, advice and training to less experienced team members.
If you meet the Senior Environment Consultant requirements and feel the role would be a good fit, then please apply today!