At Dashboard, we’re committed to enabling and delivering the next generation of IoT capability to the industrial and energy sectors. As the Senior Hardware Engineer within the Dashboard team, you will be responsible and accountable for multiple areas of hardware development. This will include areas from amongst: communications, sensors, power, edge computer control circuitry, and will also include responsibility for the associated firmware used within each subsystem and leading integration of the different subsystems within the Field equipment.
To fulfil this role, you will need to be a competent and experienced electronic engineer, ideally with a degree in electronic engineering or a similar discipline (relevant experience alone will also be considered). Experience in design for manufacturing is particularly desired.
Technology areas of current importance to us include Ultrasonic subsystem development, Edge Computer subsystem development, Embedded C, Sensor specialisation, Power and Communications development, FPGA development and Hardware/System Integration.
Dashboard is a late-stage startup, and as such responsibilities are likely to change as the company expands. A strong candidate will readily adapt to new technical roles and challenges.
• Lead high-level discussions on hardware development.
• Technical lead on hardware projects and/or field equipment within end-to-end systems
• Lead the design and prototyping of new electronic hardware systems.
• Build, Fault finding and testing of electronic prototypes and PCBs.
• Final design and validation of PCBs for manufacture.
• Embedded software integration and some development
• Design reviews for other engineers or teams
• Support documentation for other internal teams and technical user manuals
Engineering Manager, Programme and Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Team Leaders, Product/Marketing/Commercial Team, Support Team.
Emotional Characteristics and Professional Skills
• Adaptable and consistent – An ability to keep up with a fast-paced schedule of work and maintain a high standard of work output
• Autonomous and dependable – An ability to problem solve and complete work without extensive supervision or guidance
• Collaborative and transparent – A well-developed ability to work alongside many stakeholders with distinct needs, and to be honest/open when problems arise
• Diligent and responsible – An ability to successfully manage timekeeping and meet deadlines when required
• Fair and understanding – Showcase strong emotional empathy for others’ perspectives and lifestyles when engaging in business operations
• Proactive and organised – An ability to track changing priorities and to bring a forward-thinking approach to the role
• Tactful and considerate – An ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in interactions with stakeholders within and without the organisation
Knowledge & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years' experience as an Electronics Development Engineer.
• Team Leadership Experience.
• Design for Manufacture experience, including at least two products that have successfully moved into the production environment.
• Experience in writing MCU firmware, ideally in C.
• Familiarity with Programmable Logic Devices
• Ability and willingness to continually learn new skills as needed.
• A good communicator, able to write clear and comprehensive reports.
• A proficient, native level of English, both verbal and written.
• Self-managing – able to operate in a fast-changing environment as part of a wider project team
• Previous telematics or communications experience.
• Industrial instrumentation, control or IIoT experience.
• Ultrasonics design experience
• Product compliance experience.
• Digital or high frequency analogue design experience.
• IET membership (or similar), Degree in Electronics, Physics or similar and / or substantial verifiable experience.
• Substantial verifiable learning in current technologies as above.
Full Lifecycle Hardware Design.
Circuit design software.
C and C++ programming.
Design for Manufacture.
As part of the interview process, we would like to discuss examples of previous development projects you have completed.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure this job description provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of this role, all employees may be required to undertake other reasonable tasks as requested from time to time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
- Mechanical Engineering
- Embedded Software
- Hardworking And Dedicated