As one of the UK's Top Employers we've brought together businesses with long, successful histories and many strengths. More than ever, people need help and guidance from a company which is simple to deal and who they trust. And that's where you come in.
We're currently recruiting for a Senior Analyst to join our Manager Oversight team to provide a highly professional service, applying deep technical & business knowledge to support the Manager Oversight team in the management of key investment relationships across the Group, ensuring that the investment principles of capability, governance, performance and asset management are delivered and adhered to. This role will also include interactions with our asset management Partners to maintain and build our relationships both autonomously and with the guidance of senior Manager Oversight Specialists.
- Good understanding of all aspects of the investment management process gained within a consulting, banking, insurance or asset management environment
- Ensure rolling agenda is a maintained for quarterly and annual fund manager capability meetings
- Contribute to fund manager capabilities, performance and attribution and risk/return profiles across the fund range
- Assist the Sustainable Investment team in investment research and the development of ESG reporting metrics
- Work with a diverse range of investment managers and asset classes, including private equity and illiquid credit, as well as public markets
- Actively monitor the performance of Phoenix's externally managed portfolios across the entire business and escalate issues internally
- Maintain a library of fund management and investment materials, press and industry comments and asset management developments and ideas
- Work with the Sustainability team with direction from senior team members to understand how Phoenix policy and commitments impact our manager engagement and determine our view on each manager's sustainability ratings
What We're Looking For
- Good understanding of investment markets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to plan and prioritise a challenging and changing workload
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to influence others and get things done
- Ability to collate data and information from multiple sources to produce presentation materials
- Experience in a similar role or environment
- IMC qualification
What We Offer
Bring your 'whole self', skills and dedication to the Phoenix Group and we'll recognise your effort, support your development and help to drive your ambition. We'll ensure you're rewarded for your contribution with a competitive package that includes an attractive pension, annual bonus potential, private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity and adoption leave and a range of other financial services and lifestyle flexible benefits.
Join us and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 14 million policyholders we serve, or the £300 billion of assets we look after. Or that we're a FTSE 100 company that has been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for nine years running. It's our talented, inclusive and diverse workforce that makes us a success. We offer flexible working opportunities ensuring we attract and retain the very best of talent. Find out about more about our people's stories, our values and our commitment to diversity
- Market and Industry Knowledge
Online Interviews and Onboarding
All our interviews, onboarding and new joiners are now managed remotely. We have in place a strong virtual support network to ensure new colleagues are supported and developed as they navigate their first few months with us
Phoenix Group is a member of the FTSE 100 index and is the UK's largest long-term savings and retirement business. We specialise in the acquisition and management of Heritage life insurance and pension funds. We've businesses in the UK, Germany and Ireland and hold a broad range of both Heritage and Open products split across three key business segments: UK Heritage, UK Open and Europe. Our open business manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs, primary under the Standard Life brand. And we market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan? Find out more about Phoenix Group here.
We value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone.