Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced level designer with a history in first person or third person shooters to join our team in Wilmslow UK.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Work with the product stake holders, designers , artists, coders and cinematic designers to deliver engaging cinematic combat spaces
- Work as part of the core FPS combat team to develop the core on foot gameplay loop and help inform level guides for the team
- Take ownership of core locations in the Squadron 42 experience from concept to completion ensuring the overall vision is clearly understood with all cross discipline team members.
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Mentor members of the team and be a positive influence.
- Passion for narrative driven cinematic action games.
- Shipped at least one large scale FPS or third person combat action game (From pre-production to release) as a level designer.
- 4+ years of professional game production experience in a level designer capacity. *Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create realistic engaging environments.
- Strong understanding of visual scripting principals.
- Quick to learn and master new tools.
- Proactively identify and deal with issues as they arise.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique from project stakeholders.
- A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Experience with cry engine
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes *Strong interest in Star Citizen
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
If you feel you have something to offer this role, even if you don't think you qualify for all the above, you should still apply – we are an inclusive employer and if you have potential, talent and a great work ethic, we want to hear from you.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it's our differences that make it special.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Team Working
- Hardworking And Dedicated