RSK Environment Ltd, a member of RSK Group, is looking for a Senior Marine EIA Specialist to join our existing marine team. This full-time role can either be based from our Head office in Cheshire or our Bristol office.
RSK is one of the UK’s largest environmental consultancies. The successful candidate will join the growing marine team that forms part of RSK’s International Projects Group (IPG). The role will have a focus on a range of energy projects, particularly international developments (such as oil and gas infrastructure) but will also contribute to UK marine projects (mainly renewables or decommissioning). He or she would lead the technical and project management of assignments with a number of high profile clients. Candidates should be technically confident with the ability to both lead and work independently, and as part of a team.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference. Across all sectors, we have developed a strong philosophy of collaborative working within Alliances and other project teams, together with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
Principal/Associate Director Marine EIA Specialist – Cheshire or Bristol
The key responsibilities of this role include:
• Leading the completion of UK and international ESIAs and other supporting documents for development projects
• Working with a range of in-house and subcontracted technical specialists based both in the UK and internationally
• Specifying and reviewing technical work
• Scoping and managing marine surveys
• Leading and contributing to tenders for large-scale marine projects
• Interacting effectively with clients and stakeholders
• A willingness to travel would be preferred but is not essential.
Desired experience and qualities:
The successful candidate would have as a minimum:
• 10-15 years’ experience in international or UK marine EIA
• MSc or equivalent experience in marine science
• Experience of project & financial management, with ability to independently run projects on a day-to-day basis
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills
• Good business development outlook and the ability to communicate effectively with clients and external bodies
• Competence and confidence in report writing and reviewing the reports of others.
In addition, preference would be given to a candidate with experience in:
• Underwater noise assessment and mitigation
• UK marine legislation (DCO, marine licensing etc)
• IFC critical habitat assessment
• International Lender requirements.
Salary and Benefits
• £commensurate with experience
• Contributory pension scheme
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
• Regular training and development.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, and allowing employees to reach their full potential. Having been recently placed within the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2016) and number 81 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter to Harriet Baker, HR Advisor at or call Apply Now >>
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain