Senior Medical Advisor
Back to Previous Page
Job ID 295363BR
Position Title Senior Medical Advisor
Apply to Job
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019.
The purpose of the Senior Medical Advisor is to provide scientific and medical expertise for the assigned therapeutic area and related brands, both to internal and external partners. They will also provide ABPI code of practice input as final medical signatory to all therapeutic and brand related matters, and medical expertise for drug development pipelines/local trials.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Medical expertise for developing brand strategies and key marketing messages in line with ABPI / NP4 / WPs and other compliance guidelines.
* Development Product Support for OGD/ GMA/ RE / local studies; responsible for provision of PPS / OLS; pre-license activities including advanced notification documents and formulary packs.
* Local Study and Third Party Trial (TPT/IIT) leadership: To provide medical expertise and clinical governance oversight for local studies and IIT, providing direction for set-up, execution, maintenance, budget / drug forecasting as well as clinical study report disclosure within GCP, NP4 and Novartis WP requirements. Collaborate with the Clinical Trial Leader, legal team and the Franchise area team on IITs. * Therapeutic Area Support: To provide medical expertise into the design and delivery of training.
* Provide advice and support on all Health Technology review submissions.
* Medical advocacy: To lead upon internal and external facing activities to include advisory boards, KOL development plans and publication planning.
* Patient advocacy: To collaborate with internal partners to provide patient group activity approvals, budgeting, contract negotiation, and medical support.
* GMO clinical trials: Is responsible for the medical affairs contribution to the success of clinical trial delivery (using the standard ICRO metrics for start-up times, recruitment to target etc.)
What you'll bring to the role:
* GMC registered medic or UK registered pharmacist.
* Prior medical / scientific affairs experience in a relevant therapeutic setting.
* Excellent analytical and communication skills.
* Demonstrable commercial acumen and Project management capability
* Background in clinical research with working understanding of GCP.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusion workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: Apply Now >>
#LI-NOV = Novartis
Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU
Location United Kingdom
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Lt
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
o Jump to Comments