Great Opportunity with Hilton
As Senior Specialist for Purchase to Pay (PTP) you will work with the Manager of the function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence based in Glasgow. You will support developing and implementing the Purchase to Pay strategy for Hilton within the UK which currently handles c.450,000 transactions annually, covering a spend in excess of GBP0.5bn.
You will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton's UK Senior Management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive upper quartile Purchase to Pay service. The Senior Specialist is also responsible for managing the day to day tasks and supporting the development of team members as well as representing the function to other areas of the business when necessary.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
Under the direction and guidance of the Manager PTP, you will be charged with supporting the delivery of current best practice which can be expected of an upper quartile Purchase to Pay operation. They will support the development and delivery of strategies ensuring Hilton's Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The Senior Specialist will play a central role in delivering successful change programmes, which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class centralised Purchase to Pay services.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, as well as build & maintain effective business and 3rd party relationships. Experience of working on projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role. The post holder will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos while ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained.
You will assume day to day responsibility for delivery, motivating and leading the Purchase to Pay team, promoting a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service delivery. The person will support the delivery of PTP strategies and tightly manage the team deliverables on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately interpret key business drivers within the Purchase to Pay arena and to recommend and take appropriate action where necessary.
They will also support the PTP Manager in the management of the Purchase to Pay Service Level Agreements (SLA's), assisting development, refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met/exceeded.
* Works with Manager in establishing specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish project / function objectives, as well as ensuring all key department tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly.
* Support the Manager in influencing and motivating the team, with the goal of ensuring all function tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way.
* Put in place schedules to support the maintenance, and revision where necessary, of all controls documentation in line with the organisation's SOX compliance routines and deliverables.
* Implement processes to support the successful conclusion of all SOX compliance testing and reviews, including peer checks, checklists and other such tools.
* Support the PTP Manager in delivering project initiatives and the necessary resource planning.
* Liaise with key customers and stakeholders to enable an efficient operation of PTP processes in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
* Organise workload of the Purchase to Pay team to deliver efficient output within required deadlines.
* Create an environment that encourages the team to embrace, maintain and update the department documentation to reflect current activities on an ongoing basis.
* Streamline processing within the function, ensuring best practice is adopted.
* Set up and attend team meetings, huddles, etc. pertinent to work assignments and other business related activities as required.
* Deliver the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business.
* Support the Manager in the production of relevant and timely Management Information.
* Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice.
* Coordinate with third-party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer, software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed and approved.
* Support the Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of all processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
* Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required payment cycles are maintained.
* Ensure all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting are carried out per guidelines and deadlines.
* Ensure all payment activities are carried out in accordance with agreed timelines, adhere to the controls environment and have the relevant documentation in place to support any additional reviews and provision to 3rd parties
* Report on and make recommendations for the aged creditor and debit balance positions and manage corrective actions to ensure the processes are optimal.
* Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
* Support the Manager with the review and monitoring of SLAs / OLAs to ensure all agreed service delivery in accordance with agreement(s).
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
* Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative, whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities.
* Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation.
* Experience in working in a SOX compliant controls environment.
* Good technical skills and a good understanding of accounts payable principles and how they impact the wider accounting environment.
* Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issues in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
* Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
* Good project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
* A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers.
* Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting an hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programmes when required.
* To have some previous experience working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment.
* Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting ERP packages.
* Previous experience of working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment.