Disney Streaming is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+ products. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Manchester Services Engineering is seeking a Technical Project Manager to support our team’s progress and growth. We are looking for individuals from different disciplines who like to continually learn, grow, and share their knowledge with others. Manchester Services engineering projects vary from operational, backend and Frontend systems development.
Candidates will bring experience in Project Management, plan generation and have strong presentation and communication skills. The candidate must be comfortable with complex and technical projects in a fast growing environment and be able to quickly adapt to changes. Our is split between the UK and the US East and West Coast, so the ability to work in international conditions is also needed. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, competing priorities.
- Accountable for driving execution and delivery of service team engagements from start to finish.
- Forecasts project risks proactively; analyzes and communicates prioritised mitigation plans to stakeholders.
- Defines rationale, objectives, requirements and high-level estimates for projects.
- Develops and executes project plans, success parameters and ROI targets stated in the plan.
- Identifies and communicates project milestones, tasks, success metrics, criteria and risks; implements Agile Project Management techniques at a master level.
- Manages and communicates project status to stakeholders and customers through handoff and closeout.
- Deep knowledge of project architecture, tools and deployment practices that development team is employing.
- You are well-established in Technical Project Management, having 4+ years experience in software or relevant technical industries.
- You have hands-on experience working with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience executing both Lean and Agile software development methodologies.
- You possess a working understanding of software design best practices and DevOps, and have experience in release management processes.
- You have developed essential soft skills vital to the Project Manager role, including: meeting leadership, communication, teamwork, collaboration, flexibility, problem solving, critical thinking, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate staff/project team, inspire teamwork.
- You are passionate about your career, and take strong ownership of the initiatives you manage, and have a can-do attitude.
- You have the ability to look a couple of steps ahead and identify potential issues.
- Desire and eagerness to learn new things.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, great attention to detail, thorough and diligent in the pursuit of goals and objectives.
- Good consultative, customer focus and services skills.
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Additional Skills
Additional Information :
- JIRA, Confluence, Github, Jenkins, Slack, AWS.
- Experience with Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Development teams.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services
- Attention To Detail