We have a great opportunity for a Service Transformation Manager
Responsible to: Central Gov't Client Director, Transportation
At Costain we are searching for a highly skilled individual to fulfil the role of Service Transformation Manager for the Transportation Division, to work closely with the Senior Leadership Team. This role is vital in helping to deliver divisional strategy and business plan, aligning our service offerings to current and future clients need, ensuring we work with our business capabilities to grow sustainably, streamline strategic initiatives, communicate objectives, oversee key projects, and directly support our clients to transform themselves.
• Align and enable the consultancy and digital elements of the divisional business plan to be achieved through a clear transformational programme (40%)
o Identify and implement a Transportation Division - Consultancy and Digital growth plan, bringing together all accounts and capabilities into one place.
o Clearly articulate our client needs into a future growth programme, leading the programme to improve our client facing capabilities.
o Work with the business to deliver a clear people plan for the division and capabilities to ensure our future client needs are met.
o Work with the capabilities to align initiatives and ensure reporting is complete, accurate and success celebrated.
• Work with clients providing strategic advice on future, sustainable transport networks within Central Gov't (40%)
o Build Costain's network in Government and become closer to key industry associations such as the ACE
• Align and enable our R&D programme across the division to gain more impact from our investment in front end shaping works (20%)
• Own and deliver a clearly articulated programme of improvements to accelerate
the consultancy and digital elements of our business plan.
• Act as liaison between the division and the capabilities supporting
Client Directors, Capability Leadership, Capability Account Leads and
Discipline Leads within the business removing barriers where
• Build and develop relationships with clients for
increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into
existing operations, and help to define new operational
strategies, working with clients to position us in as a leader in the future of sustainable transport.
• Maintain detailed knowledge of our client base and requirements, supporting the connection of our capabilities to the divisional requirements.
• Organise and programme manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Carry out ad hoc tasks as required.
• Keep up with external affairs and industry trends, client positioning and key market drivers.
Key Competencies and Behaviours
• Confident and high-profile individual who can act as a bridge between the organisation and the Senior Leadership Team, to encourage a more inclusive and open division.
• Client focused and able to interpret client needs into value led initiatives
• Ability to lead by example with flexibility and demonstrate an approachable, consultative nature.
• Proven ability to manage multiple work streams, which are sometimes conflicting.
• High level of personal organisation and the ability to work without day-to-day supervision.
• Clear experience of delivering timely, accurate reports and outputs.
• Proven success in a complex project coordination role.
• Good understanding of the environment in which Costain operates in with its customers and interested parties.
• Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with an ability to develop, communicate and gain ownership for a clear vision and direction. Able to seeks alignment, common ground and agreement and minimise conflict.
• Excellent influencing and listening skills.
• A demonstrable ability to manage effectively in an evolving organisation and
adjust priorities to changing needs. Able to handle, at times, high levels of ambiguity.
• Highly motivated and resilient with the ability to work under pressure
to tight deadlines.
• Strong data analysis and project reporting skills with a focus
on interdepartmental communication.
• Nimble business mind with a focus on developing
Costain helps to improve people's lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK's energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK's leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: [ Email address blocked ]
We welcome all applicants regardless of age, race, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic background and physical or neurological disabilities.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need for dynamic working. Such as, working part-time, remote working, or compressed hours. In return, we will explore what is possible.
To find out more about our Inclusion strategy, please visit our ED&I page:
[ Link removed ] />
Right to Work & Security Checks
Understandably given the nature of our business, everyone who is employed at Costain must undergo thorough referencing checks. We will need different information depending on the job we have offered you. For all roles, we'll carry out a criminal record check and we'll ask to see evidence that you have the legal right to work in the UK.
For some of our roles, you may be required to obtain and maintain security clearance of at least Security Check level (or SC clearance). To satisfy the requirements, you will need to have been a legal UK resident for a minimum of 5 years and have successfully complete all stages of the vetting process.
Please note that Costain reserves the right to bring forward the closing date of any of its job vacancies if we receive a suitable number of quality applications from which to make a shortlist. Therefore, we recommend at you apply as soon as possible rather than wait until the published closing date.
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer.
It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
For more details please go to the Disability Confident website:
[ Link removed ]
- Project Coordination
- Information Security