What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. !
The Services Account Executive Specialist has influence on the development and growth of new Services business and develops and maintains effective relationships with senior executives in assigned account(s). They are responsible to ensure business growth through business development activities and ensure they are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy. This role represents the SAP Services organization from a sales and business development perspective and is a key contributor to the overall success of the customer and partner relationships. This is a business development role and is expected to generate qualified opportunities based on holistic understanding of customer challenges, establishing and developing the SAP Services footprint within their assigned accounts(s).
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Account and Stakeholder Management
• Builds a foundation within assigned account(s) on which to harvest future Services business opportunities
• Actively understand each of their assigned key customer's technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy and competitive landscape
• Single Point of Contact for the customer representing the SAP Services organization for assigned account(s) to establish and develop SAP footprint
• Supports the development of best-practice comprehensive Services account plans to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points. Utilize SAP Intelligent tools and standards to support the customer's decision process.
• Direct contributor to overall long-term success of customer and partner relationships within the account
• Orchestrate and be integral to the Virtual Account Team
• Responsible for booking and revenue Services targets for assigned account(s)
• Generation and management of opportunities and bids, deal closure through formal sales cycle
• Shapes deals that are compliant, aligned to agreed governance process, controls and targets
• Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
• Sells the complete Services portfolio aligned to customer needs (according to defined Sales bag)
• Maintain internal systems with accurate customer and pipeline information
Service Delivery Management
• Responsible for sales hand-over to delivery, ensuring contracts are in place and team can successfully mobilize per contract obligations
• Responsible for all Services Commercial aspects in assigned account, supporting Delivery Teams engaged in delivering against existing contracts
Collaborative Working Environment
• Acts as a key team member within the extended Sales Account Executive teams
• Is self-aware – understands their own strengths and weaknesses, looks to leverage strengths and work on weaknesses
• Treats customers and colleagues with respect, fairness and consideration
• Strong collaboration with the SAP ecosystem and technology partners
Experience & Educational Requirements
• Demonstrated success with medium to large transactions in a fast-paced, consultative and highly competitive market
• Experience in managing customers and partners
• 2+ years direct quota carrying selling experience in the enterprise software and services industry. Ideally, a combination of both direct enterprise software sales and direct services sales.
• 3-5 years' experience in sales activities including generation and management of opportunities and bids, deal closure and client relationship management
• Demonstrable track record of value selling and solution selling experience
• Good knowledge of enterprise software projects (e.g. Cloud, hybrid, XO) and the overall lifecycle management of enterprise applications
• 1+ years of industry/domain expertise
Partner Ecosystem Expertise
• Awareness of SAPs Partners, Competitors and the regional IT Industry
• Effective collaboration with the SAP partner ecosystem as relative to the assigned account(s) (incl. joint deals/business development)
• Experience with Multinational Customers would be advantageous
• Bachelor or Master's Degree
Professional Training and Certification
• Sales training, account and opportunity planning, negotiation skills, etc.
• English: Fluent
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: .
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Business Development
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- Enterprise Application Software
- Lifecycle Management