SHC - Pharmacy Technician Per Diem Roating Shift - (3110284)
Perform a variety of technical and clerical support tasks under the direction of the Pharmacist; following established Spaulding Rehabilitation Network (SRN) policies and procedures. These tasks are designed to assist the pharmacist in the preparation and delivery of pharmaceutical supplies and medications. They are consistent with the Massachusetts's Board of Pharmacy expectations, on the job training and knowledge base. Most of the duties require the review and authorization of a licensed/registered pharmacist.
* Pharmacist is assisted with the preparation, compounding and dispensing of medications including dosage calculations, order approval, rounds to deliver/retrieve meds, and ordering supplies per establish procedures.
* Medication dispensing machine are picked, delivered and replenished on nursing units per SRN policy and schedule.
* Assistance with narcotic/controlled substances inventory (registered Pharmacy technicians) and associated documentation on nursing units is provided according to SRN policy and schedule.
* IVs and related supplies are provided on a replacement/demand basis.
* Pharmacy, patient care related inventory and equipment documentation is monitored and maintained according to SRN policies and standards.
* Administrative duties such as report, label, and form development, inventory maintenance, computer use, and research for patient care team are completed per stated objectives.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
Additional Key Responsibilities for Lead Pharmacy Technician
* Medications in Omnicell are updated per pharmacy guidelines.
* Pharmacy technicians are oriented, taught, and mentored to achieve quality standards.
* Medication expiration dates and need for refrigeration are evaluated and implemented per drug and department guidelines.
* IV medication is prepared as applicable to the specific hospital and USP 797 Guidelines.
* Billing and other non patient care operations are completed per department guidelines.
Additional Key Responsibilities for Pharmacy Operations Coordinator
* Pharmacy technician schedule is created monthly to ensure adequate coverage of resources.
* Process and procedures related to maintaining the pharmacy non-controlled substance inventory are established.
* Assistance is provided to the IS pharmacist with implementation and maintenance of new and current technology and equipment.
* Pharmacy policies and procedures are updated per stated expectations
* Pharmacy Technicians and Pharmacy students are trained to meet established performance expectations.
Qualifications and Experience
* Graduate of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program preferred.
* Prior experience preferred.
* Registered with Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy, or actively working toward registration
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule to provide patient care as needed. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
* Familiarity with medical terminology, abbreviations and computer technology is desired.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
Additional Qualifications and Experience for Lead Technician
* PTCB certification preferred
* Three years experience (hospital experience preferred)
* Demonstrated strong knowledge of automated dispensing cabinets and server, bar coding, and pharmacy clinical software in place.
Additional Qualifications and Experience for Pharmacy Operations Coordinator
* AA/BA Degree preferred.
* Graduate of an approved Pharmacy Technician Program.
* Four years experience in Pharmacy operational procedures (hospital experience preferred).
* PTCB certification.
EEO Statement Spaulding Hospital Cambridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
: MA-Cambridge-SHC Spaulding Hospital Cambridge
SHC Spaulding Hospital Cambridge
1575 Cambridge Street
: Pharmacy Technician
: Spaulding Hospital-Boston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
: Per Diem
Standard Hours: 1
: Limited Term / Per Diem
Recruiting Department: SHC Pharmacy
: Nov 1, 2019