A fully-independent RCVS SAGP-accredited small animal practice located in beautiful seaside Sidmouth, part of the JurassicCoast World Heritage site
. • Seeking amazing new vet(s) as our growing practice is opening a brand new full-service branch in nearby Colyton in summer 2021.
• We currently have 4 Vets (one of whom is working towards a CertAVP in Internal Medicine), 3 experienced RVNs with competent and understanding support staff including an SVN, ANA, receptionist, and our RVN practice manager supporting us.
• A family-feel team with a loyal client base. We support our colleagues and endeavour to provide gold-standard care to our patients.
• We allow clinical freedom to manage and work up your own cases with 20-minute consults as standard and support and training from experienced vets, should the need arise
. • Truly independent - 100% owned by our own head vet with no sales targets and no restrictions on choice of medicines.
• Two well-equipped sites in glorious rural Devon, each with capnography, digital X-ray, colour doppler ultrasound, ECG, full in-house lab, digital tonometry, cloud PMS and auto-stocking
. • We actively encourage medical/surgical development for all stages of your career with a generous CPD, travel and accommodation allowance.
• About twenty minutes from Exeter airport and Exmouth's watersports hub, twenty-five minutes from Exeter city-centre and M5 motorway - 50 mins from Dartmoor national park and Cornwall What we are looking for
• A passionate individual, preferably with at least one year’s experience in small animal practice.
• You should enjoy working in general practice and have an ambition to do the very best possible for our valued patients and clients.
• You should be competent in routine surgeries, consultations and dealing with common emergencies.
• The ideal candidate would be a superb communicator, with a friendly personality who is enthusiastic, positive and capable with a great sense of humour
. • A specific interest in Feline Medicine or Behaviour would be welcome as we hope to achieve gold standard ISFM cat-friendly clinic status at our new premises.
• Permanent contract, full-time or part-time considered - up to 40 hours a week over 4 days.
• Someone ready to join a very-easy 1 in 4 OOH cover rota. We are proud to cover all our own OOH and hospitalisation services. Take Monday off after a weekend on call.
• The role will have you working at both our branches, like the rest of the team, with two vets on site 90% of the time.
• Supportive team and head vet who are always willing to help you out if needed, including OOH