Thrive with us at Europe's number one in gift experiences: help us give the gift you live.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST
Reporting to: QA Lead
Base: Borehamwood, Hertfordshire
Buyagift and Red Letter Days are the UK Brands for Smartbox Group. We are the UK's leading gift experience provider. We have been part of the Smartbox Group since 2009 - the world's largest provider of experiences. With a turnover of 500m Euros, Smartbox Group trades in 10 countries across Europe through 9 industry leading brands. Across Europe a Smartbox Group experience is purchased every five seconds! The iconic Red Letter Days brand was added to our portfolio in November 2017.
Our core focus is on delivering happiness to our customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners. We aim to do this by providing industry leading products which represent fantastic value for money for consumers whilst providing profitable incremental revenue for our suppliers. We invest heavily in our product and merchandising solutions to ensure category and quantum margin growth for our retail partners. At the same time, we look to ensure that we provide a healthy environment for our team where opportunities for personal development are clear.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer in Test to work alongside the IT team based in our Borehamwood office. Working within the QA Team, the main responsibility will be to ensure on-going QA.
This is a unique and fantastic opportunity to join a team within the business that is growing at an exponential rate.
Key Responsibilities include:
And now a bit about you:
- Shadow the QA Lead to gain the relevant skills and experience required for the fulfilment of the job.
- Review functional and technical documentation
- Analysing user stories/requirements
- Responsible to extract test scenarios from the use stories, prepare test cases and test data for the same
- Manual execution of test scenarios/testcases
- Defect logging using JIRA/TFS/Azure Devops board, escalation and monitoring
- Hands on testing experience on Azure devops for sprint tracking, release management, project tracking through boards.
- Plan and carry out functional, integration, and (system integration) end-to-end testing of desktop, mobile sites.
- Execution of automation smoke and regression packs and analysing results
- Experience with Automation Tools and frameworks (especially Visual studio test explorer, BDD, Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver)
- API testing
- Data integrity testing through SQL
- Testing support in Production Release
- Make suggestions to improve quality standards and validation techniques for test cases and test plans
- Examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity
- Deals with and reports on breaches in security.
- Execute ad-hoc functional testing on request.
- Able to maintain and enhance existing automation framework
- Mobile automation testing
- Report test results to the QA lead and Product Owners
- 5+ years' experience within a testing role
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of the web technology and Internet
- Ecommerce/Online reservation systems background is preferable
- Ready to take ownership of Projects and their successful delivery
- Experience/Knowledge in Continuous Integration testing using Jenkins and GIT
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and sprint structure
- Automation Testing experience using visual studio test explorer and Selenium)
- Manual & Functional testing experience
- Knowledge in Mobile automation testing
- Excellent in writing SQL queries
- Automation tools like Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Jenkins
- Basic knowledge of REST API
- The ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Outstanding attention to detail and good communication skills
To achieve fast and profitable growth by delighting our customers, providing significant volumes of incremental business to our suppliers and providing a fun & progressive working environment for our team.
To reach a stage where there is never a reason for a customer to buy an experience from anyone else. To achieve this, we aim to have the best experience selection, at market leading prices, sold through an industry leading e-commerce platform that is marketed through cutting edge e-marketing techniques.
Want to know what it is like to work at Buyagift and Red Letter Days, come take a look at what our team has to say
[ Link removed ] or check out our company reviews on Glassdoor:
[ Link removed ]
In applying to this position, you consent to Smartbox Group UK Limited (Buyagift & Red Letter Days) to keep your CV and application details on records and to process your CV internally with relevant departments involved with the recruitment of the advertised position.
Due to the high volume of applications it will not be possible to respond to unsuccessful candidates. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
- Functional Testing
- Agile Software Development
- Test Automation
- Integration Testing
- Test Data