Female to also chaperone Female patients
Duration: Permanent Part-time
Hours - Three or Four mornings per week
Location: Boreham Wood, Driver preferred due to location
Responsible To: Head of Ultrasonography/Senior Consultant
Salary - Up to £30 per hour
We are seeking a part Time Sonographer to cover five weekday mornings for our clients, a high end Fertility Clinic based in Boreham Wood with State of The Art equipment and clients worldwide.
The role would be to act at all times in accordance with the Human Fertilisation & Embryology Authority (HFEA) Code of Practice.
To keep abreast of the latest developments with regard to the HFEA, CQC, MHRA, HSE, Data Protection (GDPR) /ICO
To be allocated to work closely with their Senior Consultant and Medical Director to whom they will be expected to report to.
To promote and maintain a high standard of patient care, at all times following agreed procedures and legal requirements.
Maintain awareness of advances in ultrasonography techniques and practices. Use ethical judgment and critical thinking skills to perform diagnostic imaging safely. Experience working with sensitive and personal patient records and information.
Proficiency with computer software commonly used for documentation and sonographic report presentation.
Have excellent beside manner and able to show empathy. Work well with colleagues within the Sonography department and across teams, demonstrating excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Main Duties Ultrasonography
* Be able to independently perform diagnostic monitoring scans during IVF treatment and early pregnancy.
* Ensure the patient is offered a chaperone and document if this has been declined.
* Ensure you introduce yourself to the patient and if a chaperone is present, they are also introduced.
* Be able to clearly explain sonography procedure to patients and making them at ease, prior to the procedure and during.
• Be able to confidently deal with sensitive difficult situations, when delivery bad news.
* Answering questions, preparing patients by applying the gel to the skin, and positioning the patients on the table.
* Selecting the appropriate settings and adjusting the patients' positions accordingly.
* Ensuring clear images for diagnostic purposes obtained and make any adjustments to the sonographic equipment when necessary.
* Monitor and care for patients to ensure their safety and comfort during the procedure.
* Presenting the sonograms and preliminary findings to the patient’s Consultant, should there be any concerns.
* Selecting and examining images, looking for differences between healthy and pathological areas, and determining if the scope of the exam should be extended, based on preliminary findings.
* Ensuring clear documentation is made on the patient’s file regarding the outcome of the scan appointment and all images are saved onto the patient’s record.
* Manage the patient appointments efficiently and escalate delays to avoid impact on waiting times.
* Ensure scan consulting room are always fully stocked at the start of the shift.
Clinical and Professional Responsibilities
* Completing the appropriate documentation and maintaining patients' histories and medical records.
* Perform routine maintenance of scan machines and ensure safety and sanitary procedures are performed after each scan.
* Ensure infection prevention control standards is adhered to at all times in the consulting room.
* Ensure to adherence to uniform dress code policy and wearing of PPE at all times during appointments.
* Aware of data protection and the handling of sensitive confidential data.
* Accepts responsibility for personal, professional development and education needs, including the attendance of in-service training and statutory study hours.
* Flexible to work on rotation with fellow Ultra-Sonographers.
* Attend department meetings in order to share best practice, discuss case studies.
* Committed to professional growth and continual learning/education in the Medical Sonography field. Complete annual mandatory online training modules.
* Be willing to participate in clinical audits and participate in capturing research data
If you are a Sonographer and have worked within Fertility/Pregnancy please send us your CV and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and be UK based
- Medical Records
- Medical Ultrasonography
- In Vitro Fertilisation