Specialist Support Worker - Durham
Contract until the end of the academic year
£9 - £10 p/h
The Sensory Team are seeking a Specialist Support worker to assist in supporting a number of Visually/ Hearing Impaired pupils known to the service.
• Plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils.
• To work with children and young people who have extremely complex or additional needs.
• Coaching, mentoring and capacity building with education providers.
• Supply specialist support with direction and guidance from SEND & Inclusion Specialists, allowing pupils to access the curriculum and to participate fully in school activities.
• NNEB (Cache), BTEC Diploma in Childhood studies, NVQ level 3 in Childcare and Education/Early Years and Education.
• Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
• Understanding of safeguarding issues.
• Enhanced DBS (we can obtain for you)
All CV's should be supported by two satisfactory references and a current DBS disclosure.
If you are interested in the role, or know of anyone who may be, please contact Rosie at Service Care Solutions on Apply Now >>
or email Apply Now >>
Service Care Solutions also offers a £250 referral bonus! So if you know of anyone who would be perfect for this position and they are placed into work, you will receive £250 for the referral once their probationary period has been completed!