We are looking for a Registered Learning Disability Nurse / RNLD or Mental Health / RMN, with a passion for delivering the best quality of care, to join us at our Learning Disability Service in Scotland.
You will be working 24 hours per week at Ellen Mhor, located in Dundee.
Ellen Mhor is a specialist residential service supporting up to 12 adults living with a learning disability and complex needs, and who may have an autistic spectrum condition. The team also supports individuals who have complex behaviours and associated mental or physical health needs.
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge and promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you...
• NHS and employee discount scheme
• 50% NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet
• Free meals on duty
• Free parking
• RCNi membership
• Bespoke career pathways
• Plus many more
You will have…
• Experience as a Registered Nurse Mental Health / RMN or Learning Disability / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Experience in a Learning Disabilty service or working with those who has learning diabilities and/or complex needs.
• The ability to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
• A good understanding of the Mental Health Act 1983 and latest nursing practices
• A commitment to patient recovery in order to effectively monitor, manage and reduce risk
• Compassion, resilience and a dedication to empower and support service user independence
• Experience working in a residential environment
• Experience working with those who have autism
• The ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
• An interest in leadership, research and assessment
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Ellen Mhor is a large detached house with its own private garden situated in a quiet residential area of Dundee. Everyone at Ellen Mhor has their own en-suite bedroom and they are encouraged and supported to personalise their rooms. There is a choice of three living areas that residents can choose from, as well as a bright and airy dining room. There is a life skills kitchen and lounge area where people are supported in a small group to develop and maintain independent living skills such as menu planning and preparing their own drinks, snacks and meals. Externally there is a patio and seating areas for residents and their visitors to enjoy.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.
[ Link removed ]
Hardworking And Dedicated