Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Support Coordinator on a full time, permanent basis based in Bethnal Green. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £26,000 per annum.
About the Support Coordinator role:
As our Support Coordinator, you will be working with a range of external and internal partners, as well as providing support to vulnerable adults with a range of needs including mental health needs, mild learning disabilities, age related conditions and physical disabilities. You will be the main point of support from referral to exiting the service. You will be committed to encouraging customers to live independently and enhance their quality of life.
What we're looking for in our Support Coordinator:
- Recent experience of providing support to the designated customer group in a professional role.
- Passionate about making a real difference in peoples’ lives, and supporting them to be as independent, safe, healthy and happy.
- A good understanding of the needs and aspirations of vulnerable adults and a commitment to promoting choice and control over the services they receive
- IT literacy of using databases and Word, Excel and Outlook
- An approachable manner and the resilience to cope with a busy, challenging and emotive job.
What you can expect to be doing as our Support Coordinator:
- Coordinating, and directly delivering appropriate support from the initial referral, being able to confidently triage to the right level of support, completing assessments and crisis support as required
- Encouraging customers to access support services related to their physical and mental well being and assist with access to these services
- Planning a structured programme with the customers to achieve individual goals, making them aware of the drop-in service provided should they need one off support, advice or guidance
- Carrying out risk assessments, completing support plans, providing support, and carrying out reviews, in accordance with the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Holding a caseload of clients and providing support to them to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Supporting customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Supporting customers to maximise their physical and mental health
- Supporting customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals
- Implementing effective safeguarding practices for vulnerable adults
Closing date: Wednesday 17th August 2022
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Support Coordinator, please click ‘apply’ now!
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ and disabled people.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Learning Disabilities