Are you compassionate, positive and resilient? Consider a job as a Support Worker, it might just change your life for the better.
Location: Rainworth, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £17,152 - £19,374 per annum (£8.91 to £10.07 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 hours per week (part and full time hours available)
Closing Date: Saturday 31st October 2020
Interviews: Interviews are being arranged on an ongoing basis
You will be expected to work varied shifts on a rota basis including weekends, bank holidays, night working and sleep-ins. A 15% bonus is paid for waking nights and double time paid for Christmas and New Year shifts. In addition, an allowance is paid for sleep-ins.
As well as a great benefits package and flexible, family friendly working policies, our client fully supports the career progression of their staff and on-going training is provided, as well as opportunities to progress within the organisation. In short, it's a great place to work!
About the role of Support Worker:
Southwell Road East is a Residential Care Home for adults living with learning disabilities and mental health disorders. Our client's service and colleagues are committed to making a difference in the lives of transitioning adults through their drive for excellence and positive outcomes. As a team, they are reliable, resilient and empathetic in their service delivery and approach when providing person-centred support.
Your duties and responsibilities will generally change day-to-day depending on the needs of the service users and therefore you must be adaptable to change. As a brief overview, these may include but are not limited to:
- Providing personal care
- Helping with domestic duties (e.g. cooking and cleaning)
- Being a great listener and providing emotional support
- Administering medications
- Helping the service users to access work, education or training.
As a Support Worker you will support our service users to live as independently as possible and enjoy bringing a smile to their faces. This role can be challenging and therefore requires you to be patience, understanding and have the ability to be able to nurture challenging behaviour in the right way. For example, you may have to use restraint with a service user - but don't worry full training will be provided.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, although not essential. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities whilst further developing your social work skills and career. If you want to be a part of a successful team and share these values, then apply today!
"My role is so rewarding and we have a great sense of teamwork!" - Current support worker.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
* AMPLE FREE parking at Southwell Road East
* EASY ACCESS by bus (no. 27/28/141) - to make your journey to work stress-free!
* c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years' service
* Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
* Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
* Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
* Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
* £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
* Employee Recognition Scheme
* Free paid training
* Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
* Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
* Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.
Whilst experience is not essential as full training will be provided we very much welcome previous experience working as: Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker.
Support Worker, Home Carer, Care Worker, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Nurses, Social Care Worker, Care Assistant, Mental Health Care Worker, Voluntary Worker