Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker on a full time, permanent basis based in Wivenhoe. In return you will receive a competitive salary of £19,305 per annum.
About the Support Worker role:
As our Support Worker, you will deliver high quality and effective support services, which promote the independence, wellbeing and inclusion of customers, in accordance with Peabody policies and procedures and the principles of best practice.
What we're looking for in our Support Worker:
- GCSE English or equivalent
- Recent experience of providing care/support to the designated client group either in a volunteering or professional role
- An understanding of customer service in a service delivery setting and commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of health and safety, welfare benefits and housing support needs for the designated client group
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and stakeholders in plain, easy to understand English, both in writing and verbally
- The ability to work flexibly to meet customer needs and service requirements, including working evenings and weekends where the service requires it
What you can expect to be doing as our Support Worker:
- Carrying out needs and risk assessments, completing support plans, providing support, and carrying out reviews, in accordance with policies and procedures and the requirements of stakeholders and funders
- Holding a caseload of clients, and providing support to them on a keywork basis in their own homes or at an alternative venue if required
- Providing practical and emotional support to customers to achieve the outcomes set out in their support plan
- Supporting customers to identify, move into, and sustain housing which meets their needs, including supporting customers to ‘bid’ for properties and report maintenance issues
- Supporting customers to maximise their income, to access benefits, and to budget to cover domestic bills and living expenses.
- Supporting customers to make full use of community facilities, play an active role in their community and take up cultural, recreational, educational and employment opportunities
- Supporting customers to maximise their physical and mental health, through liaison with health services and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Supporting customers to develop and maintain positive and effective relationships with their family, friends, carers and other professionals
- Implementing effective safeguarding practice for vulnerable adults and children in accordance with local authority and Peabody policies, guidance and protocol
- Accurately inputting customer data onto a client database in a timely manner and ensure records are maintained to evidence compliance with the service specification, commissioner requirements and internal and external key performance indicators
Closing date: Wednesday 17th August 2022
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Support Worker, please click ‘apply’ now!
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ and disabled people.
- Customer Demand Planning
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Performance Indicator