Support Worker - Care Management Group
About the Job
Position: Support Workers
Location: Redruth, Cornwall
Salary: £8.30 + benefits
Do you have a passion for helping others and want to make a difference? If so then we need you.
Care Management Group and Regard are currently looking for a Support Worker to join the care team based in Redruth, Cornwall on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Senior Support Worker the Support Worker will be providing high standards of person-centred care and support to adults with mental health and learning disabilities, which will involve supporting them with activities in their homes and the community such as baking, arts and crafts, going to the cinema, swimming and much more. As a company, we encourage independence and life skills, as well as supporting personal care and general household duties such as cooking and cleaning.
* Enhancing and enriching quality of life for the people we support by enabling them to keep moving towards agreed goals and life skills. This will involve supporting those individuals to plan and engage in activities in line with their individualised activity planner, which could include holidays, social events, religious and sporting activities, education and employment.
* Maintain the general health, wellbeing and emotional needs of the people we support. This includes but is not limited to, ensuring a high standard of personal care which could include intimate care, attending health appointments, administering medication in line with company policies and responding appropriately to any medical or health concerns.
* To encourage the people we support to access a range of opportunities and experiences, supporting them to maximise their inclusion and participation in the community according to their needs, wishes and preferences.
* Maintain accurate and detailed records in line with legislation and Care Management Group policies and procedures.
Key Skills and Experience Required
* A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others.
* Experience of working as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
* Excellent oral communication skills.
* A Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care or a willingness to complete this qualification.
About the company
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary.
* The option to increase your earnings with overtime.
* Fully paid training and DBS check.
* A pension scheme.
* Generous staff discounts for cinema, days out, food shopping, clothes, holidays and much more.
* Excellent opportunities for career progression.
About Care Management Group and Regard
We are a leading provider of care and support for adults with learning disabilities and associated complex needs, including autistic spectrum conditions, mental health needs, challenging behaviour, profound and multiple learning disabilities and epilepsy.
The people we support live in homely, family-like residences, and are encouraged to participate fully in the local community.
CMG and Regard is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the people we support and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
To apply for the position of Support Worker please use the Apply Now function, or contact recruitment on Apply Now >>