Blue Skies is a residential treatment clinic based in Farnham, for those dependent on, or abusing drugs, alcohol or using other addictive self-defeating behaviours. The clinic also offers treatment for other underlying disorders e.g. anxiety and depression.
Blue Skies offers a 13 bed unit that offers weekly individual therapy, Meditation/mindfulness, Art therapy and Group therapy along with the 12 step model of treatment.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Counsellor to join our team. The Counsellor will be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a high quality therapeutic treatment programme to clients presenting with addiction related concerns. This will include facilitating daily group therapy sessions as well as providing individual counselling sessions and support for their own client caseload.
The successful applicant will hold a diploma/degree in Counselling. Registration with an appropriate professional body is desirable, as is experience of delivering a range of services in a residential setting to suit different client needs and a proven ability in case management and confidential record keeping practices. The candidate with need to be confident when talking to partner organisations and liaising with external agencies.
Ideally applicants will have three years post qualification experience working with groups and individuals. Experience with challenging behaviour would be beneficial as would the ability to be self-reflective and to be part of a dynamic team in a pressurised environment.
This position will have expected working hours of 40 per week however the successful applicant must be able to work at weekends and bank holidays and also be available to carry out their role during unsociable hours where the need may arise.
Salary dependent on experience.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Karen Raymond, Registered Manager on Apply Now >>
Mobile Apply Now >>
We are currently recruiting a full-time counsellor.
Duties and responsibilities will include individual, group and family therapy for clients with addictions and underlying concerns. Successful candidates will be expected to manage a caseload of up to 6 clients, working to co-ordinate all aspects of care for each client, including individualised care plans.
A degree or diploma in counselling or psychotherapy is required as well as membership to a professional regulator such as BACP, FDAP or UKCP.
We are looking for a person with a mature, flexible and professional approach.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Blue Skies is a 12 Step influenced residential treatment centre. Our clients are supported twenty-four hours a day within two locations. Mondays through to Fridays. Apply Now >>
clients participate in our therapeutic programme in our Day Centre and for the rest of the time they reside in a house where they share basic household duties.
As a Support Worker you will be working with clients outside of the day programme and in the residential setting. You may also be working in the Day Centre supporting client needs and assisting with admissions.
It is paramount that you are able to maintain a professional and ethical conduct at all times with your colleagues and our service users and that your main focus in on service user safety and well being.
Residential Shift Times:
Mondays - Fridays: 1600-2200 & 2200-0900
Weekends : 0830-1630 &1630-0830
Day Centre: Week days 0900-1500
Shift times may vary slightly.
Role: To support residential clients as part of their treatment experience
Main responsibilities and duties:
* General support in the residential setting as part of the support team working to maintain an orderly and calm atmosphere
* Handle medications and work within Blue Skies operational protocols.
* Give emotional support to individual clients as required. Your capacity is one of supportive listener, you should not attempt to counsel clients.
* Supervise clients with their daily activities such as general cleaning and cooking.
* Communicate all relevant information about any aspect of clients' behaviour to the clinical team by recording it in the handover book.
* Report any maintenance work the the Registered Manager
* Help maintain good standards of cleanliness in the house and prepare rooms for new clients.
* Take clients to evening groups and drive them to outside support groups (AA/CA or similar) and / or therapeutic outing (Saturday PM only).
* Drive clients to and from Day Centre weekdays.
* Supervise / facilitate some evening groups as directed (in house 12 Step discussion, good night group, other)
* Assist with client assignments that are within your knowledge.
* Accompanying clients to outside appointments.
* To complete special projects when assigned by managers - this would be matched to skills.
* Assist with orientation of new clients, including searching bags and belongings, explaining rules and the outline of the programme, introduce new client to their buddy.
* Any other projects as may be assigned by the manager.
* Attend monthly group supervision and individual line management supervision.
Person Specification Essential:
* Able to follow company rules, procedures and instructions from line manger.
* To be self motivated.
* Genuine desire to support those in recovery from addiction.
* To have knowledge and supportive of the 12 Step model of recovery.
* To have a minimum of 2 years continuous abstinence (if applicable).
* Ability to be effective in challenging situations.
* To be organised and professional in approach to work.
* Trustworthy and reliable.
* Car driver with full clean licence.
* Experience of working in a care setting.
* Flexible availability.
* Experience in working in additions field.
This role will require a DBS check which is funded by employer.
All necessary training will be provided.
If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please contact Karen Raymond, Registered Manager on Apply Now >>
Job Type: Full-time
* Farnham GU9
* In a care environment: 1 year
Required licence or certification:
* Full clean driving licence
Free Callback Service
Free Callback Service