We know that care is more than ‘just a job’. You’ll represent this every day by your passion to work with vulnerable adults with a desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding. Your person-centred approach to caring for others is crucial, in ensuring our service users are at the fore front of all your actions. With your friendly, positive, and innovative approach they will be assured their voice is being heard and their requests actioned. You will empower our users to make personal choices to live their best lives. Whilst not essential you may also have a Diploma (or equivalent) in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards one. Or experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, physical disabilities, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
You will support individuals with various needs, including learning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviour. Working as part of a team you’ll provide high quality care using this person-centred approach to maximise and maintain the skills of our users. Assisting with everyday activities such as cooking, household chores, gardening, arts and crafts and various other fun games. You will encourage them to be out in the community and often visit local cafes, animal farms, pubs, shops and other activities they wish to do In addition, you will;
• Participate in the daily implementation of personal support plans and activities within a demanding environment.
• Maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, their families and others whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality.
• Keep accurate notes and records as required
CareTech Community Services are a “Disability Confident Leader”. Established in 1994, we are one of the largest providers of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. We are committed to the highest standards of care and governance; we provide innovative care pathways for vulnerable people to live in community settings. We support people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
• We offer a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards.
• To those applicants with less experience looking to join the Care Sector we offer Apprenticeship and provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care.
• Our dedicated learning&development programmes gives access to a wide range of free online courses on a variety of topics
• Proof of right to work in the UK required
• Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage
• Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the cost of this will be met by us
• *Welcome Bonus this is valid for this service and position only. It is paid after a successful completion of probation period (6 months) or, if part time or bank, work the equivalent of 975 hours.
• Payments are subject to taxable deductions&the welcome bonus can be withdrawn at any time without notice.
• Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
• STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Cultural Activities