Support Worker - Maternity Cover until 31.12.20
Post: Support Worker
Hours: 22 waking 27 Sleeping (sleep in's are from 23.00-08.00)
* Wed 15.00 - 23.00 Plus sleep in
* Fri 15.00 - 23.00 Plus sleep in
* Sun 17.00 - 23.00 plus sleep in
Contract Type: Fixed term until 31.12.20 to cover maternity leave
Rate: 9.16 waking / £8.72 Sleeping (combined salary £21,361.60)
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST:
* To provide high-quality accommodation, housing management, and support to homeless people.
* To empower clients to make positive changes and informed choices in moving towards independent living.
* To assess each individual's support needs and work with them on a mutually agreed support plan/programme to achieve positive outcomes.
* To work in partnership with other agencies to maximise service delivery
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* To assist with the daily operations of the project ensuring services are delivered efficiently.
* To communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, staff, other organisations and members of the public using and/or working with Falcon Support Services.
* Where appropriate, to perform initial interview of clients seeking admission and ensure initial Risk Assessments and Need Assessments are completed and accurate.
* To appropriately liaise with and signpost to housing, other providers and other agencies and document partnership working activities.
* To work within Falcon Support Services policies and procedures, as well as any local procedures or procedure, relating to partnership agencies.
* Carry out the practical tasks required of the job being continuously aware of any risks presented by the working environment and consistently acting in a way to minimise these risks. Report concerns appropriately, such as adult and child safeguarding issues and substantial risk
* As a member of the team, to engage with the management of the project, where necessary, including:
1. controlling and recording access to and from the site
2. following the booking in and welcoming procedures
3. completing relevant monitoring for the service
4. responding to telephone inquiries, correspondence and callers to the service
5. taking action to address any immediate risks
* Where appropriate, to ensure that the terms of license/tenancy agreements are adhered to and address any problems arising from this requirement.
* To work co-operatively with other members of the team, constructively contributing to team meetings, covering office duty and assisting with the smooth running of the service
* To show a willingness to and does assist and cover for colleagues when they are absent
* Mentor and support students and/or volunteers in the service
* To generate monthly performance reports and statistical information for key performance indicators (KPIs).
* To take responsibility for role-related specific tasks/projects to ensure efficient service delivery as directed by the Project Manager. Such tasks may include:
* Monitoring and responding to rent arrears
* Collection of weekly personal charge/service charge/arrears
* Assistance in applying for eligible benefits including Housing/Council Tax Benefits/Universal Credit
* Encouraging, promoting and providing service user involvement in education, training and employment and volunteering
* Effectively implement and manage support plans/Risk Assessments and Needs Assessments
* Administration Duties
* Additional projects as and when instructed by the Project Manager.
* To ensure that all required documentation is completed and actioned for new clients moving into the project in particular housing benefit applications/risk assessments/needs assessments
* To manage a caseload and work with clients to develop their support plans. This will include liaising with outside agencies for the benefit of the client.
* To provide appropriate advice on current applications for homeless assistance, council accommodation and housing association accommodation.
* To effectively use IT systems to maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program databases/risk logs.
* To ensure that all support plan actions and risk assessments / risk management plans are completed and up to date, and then reviewed monthly at staff 1-2-1's.
* To be alert to the health and well being of all clients, reporting any concerns to the Project Manager
* To ensure that routine inspection of the premises is carried out and to report any damages and/or repairs to the Project Manager or Maintenance
* To complete and provide any documentation, reports, statistics and any other information required by Falcon Support Services and/or any other agency.
* To be responsible for the development, and implementation of procedures and codes of working practice to form part of a comprehensive quality approach to service delivery.
* To effectively work with a range of multi-disciplinary partners, support providers, and funders in both the statutory and voluntary sector.
* To undertake any additional tasks and/or duties as deemed necessary in order to meet the requirements of funders, partner agencies or any other such organisations.
* To develop team spirit and co-operative working across all teams, internal and external.
* To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
* To work shifts in accordance with the established rota.
* To undertake/attend any training and/or meetings as required by the job role.
* To promote a positive image of Falcon Support Services, working as part of an integrated team.
* Ensure all aspects of Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies are implemented effectively.
* Every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with the Financial Regulations of the charity.
* Due to the nature of work, this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will, therefore, require you to disclose all criminal convictions and comply with a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
* To develop Falcon Support Services commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
* All employees are required by Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who maybe affected by their acts or omissions.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. It will be reviewed periodically to take into account changes and developments in-service requirements. Any changes will be discussed fully with the jobholder.
* Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
* Salary: £21,361.60 /year
Published: 14^th May, 2020
Author: Sue Fitzgerald
Share this page
* Support Worker - Maternity Cover until 31.12.20
Hours: 22 waking 27 Sleeping (sleep in's are from 23.00-08.00) Wed 15.00 - 23.00 Plus sleep in Fri 15.00 - 23.00 Plus sleep in Sun 17.00 - 23.00 plus sleep in
* Hostel Night Worker - with 2 sleep in shifts
53 Hours per week (26 hours waking / 27 hours sleeping) £24,262.16 per annum)
* Support Assistant - Maternity Leave Cover
42 hours per week (Waking Hours 24 per week / Sleeping hours 18 hours per week) £19,256.64 per annum
* Rapid Rehousing Hostel Night Worker (4 on 4 off shift pattern)
Hostel Night Worker 4 nights on / 4 nights off rotating shift pattern £20,715.58 per annum