Daytime Healthcare are recruiting for a friendly, enthusiastic, experienced ward nurse with surgical experience to join a luxury private hospital, surrounded by beautiful gardens in Orpington.
This is a permanent full time position, working 37/5 hours per week, covering a flexible shift pattern including long days and night shifts.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* NMC Registration
* Working knowledge of company hospital and departmental policies and procedures as they apply to the role.
* Post-registration experience in an acute setting
* Evidence of professional development and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
* Working knowledge of a wide variety of medical and surgical conditions.
* Experience in general surgery, orthopaedic and gynaecology.
* Must have mentorship.
Surgical Ward Nurse Duties:
* To be responsible and accountable for the care of an assigned group of patients as described in the Corporate and Departmental Philosophies and the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
* To deputise for the Ward Sister as required.
* To assist the Clinical Nurse Manager and Ward Sisters in any ongoing and new projects.
* To assist with the identification of training needs of junior health care assistants and ward clerks and assist in the meeting of these needs.
* To delegate work according to staff capabilities and competence.
* To assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
* Recognize the significance of patient observations and maintain a pro-active approach in dealing with them.
* Maintain high standards of patient care throughout the patient’s journey, from admission to discharge, utilising care pathways.
* To deputize in the absence of a Sister in the daily management of the ward.
* To liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the holistic care of the patient
* To take a supervisory/teaching role with less experienced members of staff and students
* To continually seek improvement in working practice
* To advise patients on the promotion of health and the prevention of illness.
If you are experienced surgical ward nurse looking to work in the private sector and progress in your career then apply today to secure a quick interview
Diseases And Disorders