We are looking to expand our pool of Interpreters in or around Hull due an increase in bookings in this area. we are interested in all LANGUAGES
Please Note: This position is not suitable for full-time employed people as we operate within the office hours
- if you are in full time employment please do NOT apply
Interpreters will experience a diverse and varied number of situations in which they might interpret, including but not limited to:
- Social Services
- Child Protection appointments
- Medical appointments
- Legal matters and Immigration meetings
The role is ultimately about assisting clients who work with limited English speakers and ensuring that communication is effective and accurate. This is a highly rewarding job role that will challenge your temperament, your ability to think on your feet, and your linguistic skills.
Formal qualifications and experience are preferred, although you may still apply if the following qualifications do not apply to you.
- : DPSI Law DPSI Health DPSI Partial DPSI Local Government Met Police Test
- Degree in Linguistics BA Interpreting BA Linguistics Language
- BA Modern Language MA Interpreting and Translation MA Linguistics
- BA Translation BA English Degree in English Basic Interpreting
- Qualifications Certificate in Community Interpreting Level 1 Certificate in Community Interpreting Level 2
- Certificate in Community Interpreting Level 3
- Diploma in Community interpreting level 6
- Language related degree where English features as part of the course Post Graduate in Interpreting
- Post graduate in Conference Interpreting
- Chartered Institute of Linguists (IOL)
- Diploma in English Philology
- BA in Philology
- MA in Teaching of English Degree in Law.
If these qualifications do not apply to you, please refer your CV to us for review and note that you may have to undergo further checks by our Recruitment Team, such as a language assessment test.
There are a number of benefits to joining our Freelance Interpreting Team, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to free online training and resources – we encourage interpreters to further their professional development
- Competitive rates
- Excellent communication and support from our friendly team
Please note the following criteria must also be met for us to process your application:
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- A valid DBS is required. If you have one, please send a copy to us or alternatively we can advise you on how to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!