Porsche Retail Group are looking for a Vehicle Technician for their prestigious Reading Central Operations Centre & also in their Reading Porsche Retail Centre due to unprecedented customer demand.
Please note: ideally you will be HVT qualified for this position, however training will be provided.
Porsche Retail Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Porsche Cars Great Britain. They are one of the largest Porsche Dealer Groups in the UK and represent five Porsche Centres located in Guildford, Hatfield, Mayfair, Reading and West London.
They are proud to be one of the one of the Sunday Times Top 50 companies to work for in the UK in 2020 and offer an outstanding working environment with great benefits and a competitive package.
The Role of Vehicle Technician
You will be reporting to the Workshop Controller and be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair of a variety of Porsche vehicles in line with the repair process, meeting customer expectations, whilst ensuring commercial and operational requirements are considered at all times and meeting very high industry and Porsche brand standards.
Core Specific Responsibilities as Vehicle Technician
- Review the customer’s requirements provided by the Service Advisors/Executive, ensuring sufficient information is provided to complete the repair
- Ascertain parts required to resolve the customer issue and order as required
- Ascertain labour operation times for the workshop repair, to support the Service Advisor/Executive in providing an estimate to the customer
- Carry out the repair in accordance with the workshop manual
- Write up job cards in a clear and concise manner
- Provide evidence of any ‘actual time’ used and ensure it is contained within the write up
- Provide the necessary supporting documents to support any repair
- Carry out a Vehicle Analysis Log (VAL) on every vehicle
- Liaise with all relevant staff to achieve efficiency in both time and material usage
- To record and clock all time spent as per the warranty process
- Conduct road tests and be responsible for personal quality control
- Be aware of and adhere to the Health & Safety aspects of the working environment
- Protect the customers property by using protective covers at all times
- Keep updated with and work within the Insurance Code of Business guidelines for the sale of Approved Warranty and Assistance
- Keep technical and job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities, reading manufacturers' publications etc.
Core Accountabilities as Vehicle Technician
- To understand and assist in the delivery of Business Strategy and Objectives
- Deliver an agreed level of service KPI’s to include productivity, efficiency and utilisation to the Internal and External Customer, Business Partners and External Suppliers
- Take ownership for personal development needs in anticipation of Business requirements
- Contribute fully within the team, ensuring the right environment is maintained
- Ensure the appropriate level of management control and system exploitation is applied to all relevant systems and company assets
- Completion of Porsche Bronze Qualification standard within 1 year of start date
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
** Important **
To apply for the position of Vehicle Technician, we are looking for candidates who:
1. Are ideally located within a one-hour commute of the Centre unless your CV explains that you are relocating
2. Ideally have VWG or Audi Experience
3. Have stable career history
For the position of Vehicle Technician, there is a fantastic package on offer:
- Salary of £40,000 OTE per annum (year 1)
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Private Medical
- Option of a VW Vehicle at preferential rates
- DC Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff preferential rates
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent advertising this position on behalf of Porsche Retail Group. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Car, mechanic, vehicle, technician, motor, automotive, dealership, maintenance, repair, workshop, Porsche