Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently looking for a Ward Clerk to work within the NHS in Hull based at Castle Hill Hospital. You will be responsible for providing a quality medical records service and clerical support to the ward team in a courteous and professional manner, ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
This is a temporary position for a minimum of 1 year with the possibility of becoming permanent.
* Record, restore and supply information using a paper based filing system either alphabetical or numerical.
* Ability to prepare, print, save and store documents letters and other work using a computerised system.
* Competent in understanding and working within the remit of the Trust’s Confidentiality Policy. An understanding and working knowledge of computer systems, eg IPMS, etc
* Accurate recording patient attendances on the IPMS system, including inpatient, day cases and ward attenders.
* Able to work within Trust policies and procedures eg medical records, patient property, etc.
* Ability to give advice on Trust policies relevant to area of work and appropriate to the grade.
* Participate in the development of departmental standards.
* Contribute to the implementation of quality initiatives.
* Answering telephones and general administration duties.
The successful candidate will have:
* Minimum of two years’ experience in a recent clerical/administrative role.
* Competent in the completion of forms and other official documents.
* Good Organisational Skills
* Appreciation of need for confidentiality at all times
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Ability to liaise with other departments and outside agencies efficiently.
* An understanding of Trust Structures.
* Able to understand and clarify detailed instructions.
* Capable of communicating information by fax or telephone.
* Undertake mandatory training according to Trust policy.
* Able to prioritise workload and advise line manager of any problems or potentially difficult or sensitive issues.
The perfect candidate will also have working experience within the NHS with experience using Lorenzo.
Saturday to Sunday 7am -3pm
- Medical Records
- Clerical Works