Surgical Nurse | Wards | Equivalent Band 5 | Elland | Flexible Hours & Career Progression | 25 hours per week
Spire Elland Hospital is looking for an experienced Part-time Surgical Staff Nurse to join a dynamic and friendly nursing team
Spire Elland Hospital has been providing high levels of medical treatment and personal care since 1985. Our hospital has a full multi-disciplinary medical team on-site who practice some of the most advanced treatments on the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we can offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading-edge surgical procedures and excellence in specialist fields like orthopaedics, general surgery, gynaecology, and cosmetic procedures
Duties and responsibilities
Working within a highly supportive team you will be responsible for assessing patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload on one of our busy surgical wards, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient’s needs. You provide basic post-op care such as wound dressing, IVs and drains. You will have the opportunity to develop your own knowledge and skills and that of others whilst promoting best practice in health and safety and security.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 6 months, post-graduation, Hospital experience.
- Have been employed in surgical r acute settings
- You will have excellent communication, organisation and provide best quality of patient care.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
- Coordinating With Others
- Information Security
- R (Programming Language)
- Sap R/3
- Patient Health Questionnaires
- Health Care