Gear4music is an online retailer of musical instruments and music equipment, operating 20 websites in 15 languages and 9 currencies.
Gear4music is about making quality music gear more accessible and affordable for all musicians. Last year we listed over 44,700 products from over 790 manufacturers. We believe that achieving a very high degree of customer satisfaction is fundamental to sustained long-term growth. We are a team committed to continually improve the service experienced by our customers.
Position: Warehouse Shift Manager
Location: Clifton Moor, York (commutable from Harrogate, Wetherby, Pocklington, Malton & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, over five days including weekends, Week one: 06:00 to 15:00; Week two: 09:00 to 18:00; Week three: 14:00 to 23:00
About the role:
Due to the continual growth within the business we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Warehouse Shift Manager to work from our premises in York. Reporting to the Head of Logistics, this 'hands on' management role involves daily management of one of our busy Warehouse Departments, and leading a 'Shift' team of 30+ warehouse operatives, to ensure all items are received, put away and despatched in order to meet the needs of the business and our customers. You'll be making sure that all warehouse policies, health and safety procedures and protocols are followed by yours and the wider team. We will be looking for the successful candidate to not just maintain current standards but develop the team and the service they deliver as the company continues to grow.
• Leading by example, encouraging a strong team orientated work ethic whilst promoting a strong and rewarding work environment.
• Managing the deployment of resources to deliver all operational routines within daily tight deadlines and making decisions that have the customers' needs at the heart of what we do. Ensuring UK and International customers receive their orders by the service promise with minimum failures.
• Reviewing KPI performance weekly, covering absence, productivity performance, down time and errors.
• Managing resources and shifts to meet both the day to day targets and the upsurge of seasonal peaks.
• Support and develop new starters and those that require additional support.
• Be one of the first points of call on the warehouse floor.
• Developing team members to deliver an exceptional service. Managing day to day performance capabilities.
• Motivating the team to meet the daily targets and deadlines.
• Delivering a proactive and preventative approach to Health & Safety, role modelling behaviour, ensuring legal compliance and safe working practices at all times.
• Strong presence throughout the Warehouse Service operation, making decisions, problem-solving and balancing priorities whilst always acting with integrity and due diligence.
• Problem solving and putting into place corrective improvement measures. Bringing forward new ideas to aid the continuous improvement of the warehouse.
• Previous people management experience within a Warehouse environment, including developing teams of people and training others on operating procedures.
• Good numeracy and literacy skills, including the ability to analyse data.
• Planning and organising the workload for your team.
• Computer literate.
• HSE Knowledge - Risk Assessments / HACCP / COSHH / SOP's.
• Managing staff rotas.
• Key holding experience.
• Fork Truck experience, but not essential.
• Goods In Experience would be useful.
This also includes rotational weekend rotas which would typically include one in 4 weekends.
You may have experience of the following: Warehouse Shift Manager, Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Team Leader, Logistics Manager, Logistics Supervisor, Logistics Team Leader, Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Supervisor, Supply Chain Team Leader, Forklift, FLT, Goods In, etc.