We have an opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to come and join our growing team based in Brown Brothers Leeds. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets.
Why join us:
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fuelled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
What will you be doing?
This role is the essential in keeping our customers happy as their orders are picked at this stage and this is first step to ensuring the best customer experience. Customers expect their orders to be correct and to arrive in a timely manner on the expected delivery date. It is Brown Brothers mission “to be the customer’s first choice every time” and this role is the first step in delivering this part of the Company strategy.
Key responsibilities as our Warehouse Operative:
- Ensure all new goods received are checked off, put away into the correct bin location and any shortages are reported to the Supervisor immediately.
- Pick customer orders quickly and accurately in order to meet delivery cut-off times.
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy and all fire exits and walkways are free from obstructions.
- Ensure Company H&S procedures are followed and that you have due regard for Health and Safety of yourself and others at all times, particularly when handling items which are inflammable, corrosive or toxic.
- Carry out paint mixing as required.
- Maintain stock, Warehouse, Trade Counter and display areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Support the rest of the team in answering phone or counter as required by the business
What are we looking for in our Warehouse Operative?
- Organised approach to work including ability to work alone on your task as directed.
- Ability to meet pick requirements to ensure customer orders are ready on time.
- Proactive with a positive approach to issues
- Must be prepared to take ownership, accountability and responsibility in this role.
- Flexibility and willingness to cover other roles as and when required. E.g. to cover long term sickness and / holidays
Internal training will be provided but it would be advantageous to have formal training and /or a qualification in some or all of the following areas:
- Warehousing (picking / packing)
- Logistics / transport experience
- Health & Safety
If you would like to join our team as our new Warehouse Operative then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!