We are taking registrations for Warehouse Operatives working on 14:00 - 22:00 shift on any 5 out of 7 patterns (including Weekends and Bank Holidays) in our Depot at Wellingborough.
It's a time to join our business, you'll be working as a key member of our staff, at one of our large distribution centres. Duties & Responsibilities
Experience, Skills, Attributes & The Person
- Carry out a variety of warehouse activities such as unloading containers, FLT and pallet truck operation, dispatch, voice picking and loading duties.
- Carry out duties accurately, above the required minimum productivity rate
- Carry out general housekeeping, maintenance and hygiene duties, to ensure that the profile of the site is maintained to the very highest standard
- Ensure that the operation meets the customer service requirements by completing each function at the highest standard
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and other operatives by adhering to safe working practices
- Attend training courses when required
- Undertake such additional activities as may be required
- Experience and relevant licenses for Counterbalance, reach truck (FLT) would be an advantage however full training will be given.
- Ideally, experience in all aspects of warehouse work
- Flexibility to complete a variety of roles within the Warehouse
- Punctuality, reliability and commitment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Positive attitude to work
Wincanton is a leading third-party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company, we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400-strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is "to make our customers business's better, every day."
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That's why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.